U.S. Bank login fills password but not username

When I attempt to log in to my account at U.S. Bank using 1Password, the password field is populated but not the username ("Personal ID") field. This is true for both the home page at https://www.usbank.com/index.html and the separate logon page at https://onlinebanking.usbank.com/Auth/Login , using the 1Password application, the "mini" app or the browser extension. If I manually enter the username, the login completes correctly.

How to fix this?

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro v1909 build 18363.720
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jsemion! Welcome to the forum!

I have just tested that website here and I was able to get 1Password to fill both the username and the password fields, on both login pages, so this should definitely work for you too.

Can you try saving a login manually in the browser and see if that helps? That's the method that I followed to get this to work, so I am hoping it will work for you as well.

• jsemion
    jsemion
    Community Member

Hi. Thanks for your help. I deleted my old 1Password login and created a new one using the method you suggested. It works fine from the browser extension, the 1Password application and the mini app on my laptop, and from the 1Pasword app on my Android phone. Not sure why that would work and creating the login in the 1Password application would not, but my problem's solved.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jsemion ,
    We're glad that Ana's suggestion helped you out here.

When you create a new login in the 1Password app and then try to autofill, 1Password tries to guess where does the username goes and where the password goes. But when you save the login directly from the website, then 1Password records the actual locations of the fields and what goes where, which is a lot more accurate. It is always recommended to create new logins by saving them on the actual website as instructed in the link Ana provided.

I hope that clarifies things. Let us know if you have further questions :chuffed:

• jsemion
    jsemion
    Community Member

Thanks again to both, Ana and Yaron. Looking at the saved login, I could never have created it manually. No username, a new field named Personal IDPersonal ID (I wonder whether the redundancy is required, but if it ain't broke...), and an account-type field with a value of object:10 , whatever that might mean. Etc. I don't need to know, so long as it works.

On the other hand, I tried to create a login at amazon.com using that method, and it didn't work. Amazon uses a two-screen login (as you probably know). The login that 1Password created using the save-from-the-website method saved the URL of the second page, but without any of the seven parameters. When I tried to use the saved login, I got a message that looked like a 404 error.

I found that if I edited the saved login, replacing the saved URL with the one with all the parameters, copied and pasted from the second amazon.com login screen, the login then worked. So I guess no method is perfect.

But it's all good, I've got everything working that I need to, so far. And I've learned that your customer support is excellent. I really didn't expect a reply to my Friday evening post first thing Saturday morning, and a follow-up on a Sunday. Bravo!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @jsemion ,
    I'm glad you are able to navigate your way and find solutions to your logins, but yes, we're here whenever you may need :)

If you encounter any other multi-pages logins, keep this method in mind: https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/
    Feel free to let us know should you encounter any issues beyond the scope of these suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.