master password is not working, I haven't made any changes or updates - what is going on??

eileenchoi
eileenchoi
Community Member
edited April 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

My master password is not working, I have made no changes and no updates (unless it updated overnight - which I am not sure about). This is incredibly frustrating since I can't access any of my passwords. What's going on here? When I click to enter the password, the symbol is already red.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:password not working

Comments

• eileenchoi
    eileenchoi
    Community Member

It seems to be working now, with the exact same password it wasn't accepting before. This is SUPER frustrating - can someone please explain why this keeps happening?

• Hi @eileenchoi

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. The next time this happens, there are some things you can check:

1. Make sure caps lock is not enabled
    2. Try typing your Master Password into TextEdit, so you can see that it is appearing as you expect
    3. Copy and paste the password from TextEdit to 1Password

If none of that helps, so we can get an idea of what is happening, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (you may need to change the To: line from the default to this).

With your email please include:

• A screenshot showing the error message: ▷ How to take a screenshot
    • The time at which the problem occurred
    • A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112746/master-password-is-not-working-i-havent-made-any-changes-or-updates-what-is-going-on#latest
    • Your forum username: eileenchoi

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.