Stuck in initializing again- safari browser extension

Once again Safari extension is not working. Stuck in initializing. It seems like every few days I have to either press command option Q, and periodically get this stuck in initializing issue. Uninstall and reinstall doesn't work. The extension has never worked reliably without doing one of the above workarounds since Lion came out.

Thomas

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Hi Thomas,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. This should certainly not be happening. It sounds like something is not configured correctly on your system.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
  • twig
    edited December 2011
    I do not have a diagnostics report option. Using version 3.9.2.

Thomas
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Rereading your initial post, it sounds like you may have changed your master password or are doing something to wipe out the 1Password extension database. Are you using any kind of browser "cleaning" plugins or applications? Do you regularly use the "Reset Safari" option from the Safari menu? Please let me know the answers to those questions in your email to which you attach your Diagnostics Report.

To generate the report in 1Password 3.9, you'll need to download an item using this link:

http://cdn.agilebits...bleshooting.zip

This is the 1Password Troubleshooting application. It's in zip format, so after downloading it your browser may have expanded it for you, or you may need to do so by double-clicking on it using the Finder. You should end up with the 1Password Troubleshooting application -- ready to run. You can move it to any location you normally keep software, or leave it where it is for a quick run.

Launch the 1Password Troubleshooting application and you should see some tabs near the top of the window. Please click on the Diagnostics Report tab heading, and then click on the "Create Report" button. Within a few seconds, a pretty blue image should appear -- indicating the report is ready (this is just like the Diagnostics Report option in prior versions of 1Password for Mac). There's now an Export button you can use to save the report and then attach it to an email to us at support@agilebits.com.

Once we see the report we should be able to help more. Thank you in advance!
  • No browser cleaning plug ins that I know of. Resetting Safari maybe. I have enclosed the report. Hope it helps. Will send e-mail with copy to this link.
  • bswins
    edited December 2011
    Hello twig,

Thanks for sending your report. I responded to you via e-mail with a request to run the following Terminal command:

launchctl unload ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

Please let us know if this helps resolve your issue.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • twig wrote:

No browser cleaning plug ins that I know of. Resetting Safari maybe. I have enclosed the report. Hope it helps. Will send e-mail with copy to this link.

Thank you for the report!

Is it possible that you have both 1Password 3.9 (from the Mac App Store) and 1Password 3.8 (from our website) installed at the same time? This could be causing problems with the extension.
  • Hi Twig,

I'm going to close this topic, so that we can respond to you privately via email and that'll keep both of us on the same page.
This discussion has been closed.