View Only in Families Shared Vault

ThierryReid72
ThierryReid72
Community Member

Setting up my Family but I don't want anyone other than me to have the ability to edit or delete any passwords in the shared vault. How do I change the settings to accomplish this? Im attempting to make this change via the web version of 1Password.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.4
Sync Type: iCloud?
Referrer: forum-search:edit shared vault

Comments

• Hi @ThierryReid72

I'd be happy to help with this

1. Open the my.1password.com web interface and log in
    2. Locate the vault in question and click the gear icon at the bottom left of the vault listing
    3. Change the permissions for each family member so that they only have the Allow Viewing permission

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ThierryReid72
    ThierryReid72
    Community Member

Thanks for this information Ben. I can follow the instructions but it appear that based on the information on the screen, I can make changes to the permissions for the other family members.

• Hi @ThierryReid72

Ah, yes. Sorry about that. You are correct: the built-in Shared vault cannot be modified in that way. You'd have to create a separate vault, share it with the appropriate people, and modify the permissions for that vault:

Create and share vaults

Ben

• ThierryReid72
    ThierryReid72
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will read this over and if I have any questions, I will post them here.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• ThierryReid72
    ThierryReid72
    Community Member

Quick update Ben. Problem solved, crisis averted. I've been able to set the permissions the way I was hoping I could. Thanks for all your help.

• You're very welcome @ThierryReid72. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.