Security Danger Chrome16

Open Chrome 16xxx

Open 1Password-Extension in Chrome

Login with 1Passwort at any 1Password-saved URL

Close Chrome completly

Restart of Chrome

Go to any 1Password-saved URL

Open 1Password-extension in Chrome and you´ll see that all URL´s are visible
without entering the Password again while "Keep extensions unlock if Browsers are closed" is unchecked

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forum, gummi!

What's the current setting of the Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked option on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences? If it's disabled, try enabling it, and let us know if that gives you the behavior you'd prefer.

(Note that showing you the Logins doesn't allow you to use them without your providing the master password.)
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    gummi wrote:

re-open Chrome and you'll see that all URL´s are visible without entering the Password again

This is the designed behavior because in our new extension architecture (currently running inside Safari and Chrome), "universal unlock" is turned on. You can turn this feature off here:
    1. click the 1P button in Safari or Chrome
    2. click the gear icon in the lower-left corner
    3. click on the "security" button
    4. un-check "enable universal unlock"

gummi wrote:

while "Keep extensions unlocked if Browsers are closed" is unchecked

You're right - this feature is IE and Firefox-only. I'm going to update our UI and correct this.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    David,

DBrown wrote:

What's the current setting of the Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked option on the Logins tab of 1Password preferences?

I'm afraid this setting has no influence on our new extension architecture (currently running in Safari and Chrome). Starting with 1.0.9.245, this setting now reads: "Internet Explorer and Firefox only"
  • gummi
    gummi
    Community Member
    Thank you very much for the fast troubleshooting :-)

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]un-check "enable universal unlock" works fine [/font]
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011

...[the Hide my Logins when 1Password is locked option] has no influence on our new extension architecture (currently running in Safari and Chrome). Starting with 1.0.9.245, this setting now reads: "Internet Explorer and Firefox only"

Good to know! I'm having trouble keeping up with the changes.

Thanks, Stefan.
This discussion has been closed.