windows 10, 1p build 7.4.763 -- can't copy password, the copy command is grayed out

today -- 1 P will not allow me to copy passwords or usernames from the app. rebooted -- no change. 1 P is UTD -- v 7.4.763. no widows updates

no problems on my Mac.

worked last night

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot copy

Comments

• I'm a bit confused by your screenshot, @GADoc225. The "copy" button is a largely covered up (thank you for redacting it, by the way), but the bit I can see doesn't appear greyed out to me. If you click the password to copy it, what happens? Are you certain you're not able to paste that password after copying it?

• GADoc225
    GADoc225
    Community Member

so it is not really grayed out ... it is very light blue and when one clicks, it does not copy. and then, if one clicks on the password, and the entire password box has a fine blue line around it and the word copy become bright blue, that does not occur

and yes ... it does not copy and certainly it does not paste into a web site, app info, or even into notepad

now ... to add more confusion ... it is now resolved.

I had started to use outlook, which had been sitting on my machine for years, and today, decided to add use outlook for my business email. outlook/windows asked me if I wanted to have privacy and security managed by my business (personal single member LLC), and I said yes.

then the above occurred

looking at my windows settings, and not sure if this at all matters, as the MS office Business 365 folks were clueless as well, I had my windows acct under a gmail.com name, and the outlook under my domain email address. so I deleted it all and had all under my business domain email

and now 1 password is back to normal .... 3 hours later, 17 reboots and so forth

agggggghhhhh

thanks for looking into this though

mark

• That's an odd one for sure, @GADoc225! There are a ton of group policy restrictions a company can put on its users so it's not totally beyond the realm of possibility that use of the clipboard could have been limited as a result that, but I find it odd such things would be the default. Windows is a complicated beast indeed and sometimes you do just have to accept it works in mysterious ways. Regardless, I'm glad it landed on working, in the end, and if I can do anything more to help, I will certainly do my best. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.