1Password will not work with browsers not in the applications folder

Options
Graemezee1
Graemezee1
Community Member

Hi, I Have a problem I would like to use 1 password on multiple browsers I work on a Mac pro late 2013 cylinder model SSD's were very expensive when I purchased it so I went for the minimum disc space and attached a 15TB Raid I used symbolic links to many of my System's folders I use this for some apps which I don't need often or to load quickly.

Basically I don't have the space to maintain bloated Browsers like Chrome and Firefox in My applications folder I have a full creative clouds subscription plus other important apps As a web developer and designer I do need access to these browsers to test sites and keep away from my personal stuff in safari. this is a relatively new issue as I have worked this way for a long time.

I really don't have the space to keep these browsers in the application folder, In theory, the Symbolic link should work but does not As it does for may system features

Are there any workarounds for this I have searched your forums and the answer is to move the applications into the applications folder but this is not feasible for me appreciate any help

Kind regards

Graeme

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1 Password Site
Referrer: forum-search:1Password will not work with browsers not in the applications folder

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Graemezee1

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but because of the way code signing works on macOS it isn't possible to store either 1Password or the web browser application files anywhere other than /Applications while using the desktop app extension. You may be able to use the 1Password X extension, but this will not be able to integrate with 1Password for Mac without code signing working.

1Password X

Alternatively you could either copy & paste, or drag & drop from 1Password into your browsers. I hope that helps.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.