Using Alfred, 1Password X requires master password twice

Options

I originally posted this on the Alfred forums, however, they directed me here.

I've been using the non-subscription version of 1Password for awhile now and it's worked seamlessly with Alfred's built-in integration.

However, I just signed up for a trial account of 1Password to see the differences between the new browser extension (1Password X) and the "classic" browser extensions. When using Alfred with 1Password X, I have to enter my 1P master password twice. The first time to unlock the 1Password desktop app which then loads the website in my browser. Then again to unlock the 1Password X extension so it can autofill my login details.

Is there a way to avoid having to enter my master password twice?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@alextran

1Password X, was originally designed to work standalone, for individuals who cannot install the Mac app. There is currently no stable release linking between the two that would eliminate the need to unlock twice.

However, there is a feature that may help it's what we're calling Desktop App Integration and it's currently a beta feature so to use it will require turning on beta builds in the 1Password for Mac desktop app, and installing the 1Password X beta in Chrome or Firefox. They're both safe to use and you can learn how to get them here:

1. 1Password Support : Turn on 1Password for Mac beta builds

2. How to install the 1Password X beta in Chrome or Firefox

• Please be sure to only have one version of the extension (1Password X, or traditional) enabled at any given time in the browser.

I think this will eliminate the problem you're experiencing.

• alextran
    alextran
    Community Member
    Options

aha! thanks for that tip. i installed the betas and got it working (after restarting brave a couple times because it crashed almost all my other extensions).

• You're welcome! Let us know, if you have any additional questions.

This discussion has been closed.