Open in same tab in Firefox

Options

I'm using mult-account container tabs in Firefox for accessing multple AWS accounts in Firefox. My workflow is to open a new container tab, then invoke 1Password X to fill in the account details. Unfortunately, 1PasswordX always launches a new tab (defaulting to non-container tab). I can't find anywhere in the UI to turn this off (set to open in same tab). 1Password does have this feature, but opens incredibly slowly in Firefox. Is there a hidden method of enabling this for 1PasswordX?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mykmug! 👋

For 1Password X to fill in the current tab, the website URL would have to match the website you have stored inside your Login item. So if you open a new container tab, then visit the AWS console, you should be able to invoke 1Password X and see an Autofill button within your AWS item rather than a Go button. Go will always open a new tab (since that means the website URLs don't match up), but Autofill should fill in your current tab.

I hope this helps. Let me know how you get on!

• mykmug
    mykmug
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you, kaitlyn. It works!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mykmug – Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that. Have a good rest of your week. :)

This discussion has been closed.