To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Am I a subscriber or not? Can't figure it out...

Options
ianforest
ianforest
Community Member

Hi there, hopefully, someone can explain this to me.

I got an email on April 11th saying my subscription had ended and that my account was frozen, and now I can't log in or use the product.

It just so happens I checked my subscriptions through the Apple AppStore and can see that for some reason I have an existing, still currently active subscription on there as well so it looks like i've been paying twice.

How could this happen though? I've used 1Password for many many years, certainly since 2013/2014 but I suspect this could've happened when the my.1password system came into force back in 2017/2018.

So, what is best for me to use? 1Password through the AppStore or through 1Password.com? And will I lose my list of passwords if I switch to either of them?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ianforest

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble here. If you had two separate billing paths set up that could certainly cause confusion with the billing system. I'd recommend reaching out to our billing folks directly via email so that they can help sort that situation out. You can reach them at support@1password.com. That said, you made some points / asked some questions that I can answer here:

and now I can't log in or use the product

Not being able to log in would be unrelated to a billing issue. Issues with subscription payments do not prevent access to your data. Are you able to unlock 1Password on your devices?

So, what is best for me to use? 1Password through the AppStore or through 1Password.com? And will I lose my list of passwords if I switch to either of them?

I typically recommend that folks pay directly through us, as that way there are less 3rd parties involved and we have more ability to troubleshoot any billing issues that may arise with you directly. When paying through a 3rd party we have less access / insight to be able to do so. Additionally 1Password gift cards and promotions can only be applied when billed through us.

Switching billing configurations does not result in data loss or loss of your ability to unlock 1Password.

I hope that helps. We'll be looking forward to your email so we can troubleshoot your specific situation further. Thanks!

Ben

• ianforest
    ianforest
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Regarding not being able to log in or use the product. Right now, 1password on my mobile devices and desktop are frozen so they cannot be used. I'm assuming that these are linked to my "my.1password.com" login as that subscription has lapsed.

However...

I still have a 1password subscription on the Apple AppStore which is still active through 27th April. But I cannot connect my desktop or mobile apps to use this subscription.

I will email support.

Thank you for your help.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @ianforest. To clarify:

Regarding not being able to log in or use the product. Right now, 1password on my mobile devices and desktop are frozen so they cannot be used. I'm assuming that these are linked to my "my.1password.com" login as that subscription has lapsed.

Again being frozen doesn't prevent you from logging in or viewing your data. You wouldn't be able to add or edit data, or fill credentials using the browser extensions, but your account being frozen wouldn't result in your Master Password being unable to unlock 1Password (via either my.1password.com or the apps). This guide outlines the limitations imposed on frozen accounts:

If your 1Password account is frozen

I still have a 1password subscription on the Apple AppStore which is still active through 27th April. But I cannot connect my desktop or mobile apps to use this subscription.

It sounds as though your subscription through Apple may not be connected with your 1Password membership. That is something our billing folks can help you sort out.

I will email support.

Perfect; thanks!

Ben

• arturo_aubry
    arturo_aubry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've replied to your email, @ianforest.

Thanks a lot for getting in touch with us.

This discussion has been closed.