Ipad missing logins

jinla
jinla
Community Member

I am a subscriber using 1Password across multiple Macs and iOS devices. On my iPad, I am not seeing logins in the Shared Vault; however, the iPad is currently setup to Sync via Dropbox. Is this the problem? My understanding is that syncing is handled in the background when you are a subscriber…not sure what steps I need to take to get the iPad to see the same logins as the other devices. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

Hi @jinla! Welcome to the forum!

On my iPad, I am not seeing logins in the Shared Vault; however, the iPad is currently setup to Sync via Dropbox. Is this the problem?

Yes, I think this is the problem. Syncing happens in the background, that's correct, but that happens through your 1Password.com account. It looks like you still decided to sync via Dropbox on this iPad instead, which would explain why your Shared Vault is not shown on that device (the Shared Vault is not stored on Dropbox).

If you add your 1Password account to the 1Password app on your iPad, does the Shared Vault show up?

• jinla
    jinla
    Community Member

Yes, the Shared vault does show up in the 1Password app in the iPad. Some background: I originally started using 1Password many moons ago as an individual user. Later, we switched to the family account and now all of my devices are connected via that account. However, I think the sync settings on the iPad may be a leftover of when it was just my individual account.

Let me know what other information you need…thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jinla:

Great, so if your Shared vault now appears on your 1Password app in the iPad, you are almost done. You can now remove the old Dropbox vault from the 1Password app if there is nothing inside it that you need. If you open your Primary vault on your iPad (it's the old vault that is stored on Dropbox), do you have anything in there that you need to transfer to your 1Password account? If you, make sure you move those items before you remove the old vault.

• jinla
    jinla
    Community Member

I've deleted the Primary vault on the iPad. I no longer see anything when I click on the Sync icon…what are the next steps?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jinla:

I don't think there are any :) A couple of messages ago you said that you now see your Shared vault in your 1Password app on your iPad too, so you should be good to go.

• jinla
    jinla
    Community Member

Unfortunately, I'm still not seeing logins that were created on my iPhone or Mac in the Shared vault when I search on the iPad. Do you recommend deleting the app on the iPad, then reinstalling?

• If all of your data is on your Mac and or iPhone then I don't think a reinstall on the iPad would hurt. Reinstalling will erase all 1Password data from the iPad though, so I'd recommend making sure everything is on at least one of your other devices first.

Ben

• jinla
    jinla
    Community Member

Thanks, that was the fix: I deleted the app from the iPhone, downloaded it from the App Store, and signed in using 1Password.com as the sync selection. All of the logins were now displayed. Thanks for the help!

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.