how can a 20 charater password be terrible?

RaySar
RaySar
Community Member

I'm new and trying to figure 1Password out. (Its been frustrating!) I wanted a particularly strong password for my email account, so instead of accepting the suggested password I used the "password generator" and specified a 20-character password. Its alpha/numeric with upper and lower case and symbols. After pasting it in and completing the changes, I looked in 1Password and it rates my password as "terrible". How can that be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can a 20 charater password be terrible?

Comments

• RaySar
    RaySar
    Community Member

Some live support would be beyond helpful to attract new users that don't have a degree in computer science. The learning curve is steep and some of the "how to" videos must show how it was done in older versions that are no longer applicable.

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@RarSar You're in a forum, not a live chat room. Support will be along on a first come-first served basis. Each time you post, you move this thread to the end of the queue. hth

• Hi @RaySar - thank you for posting this question, I believe you also wrote into our support channel so I will continue helping you via email and I will close this thread. I look forward to helping you more.

ref: LQP-96916-158

This discussion has been closed.