To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Pre-purchase questions relating to multiple email addresses and saving passwords

Andy_Galaxy
Andy_Galaxy
Community Member

Hi,
I'm looking at using 1Password and would like clarification on a couple of things.

1. I have three email addresses I use (2 with a couple of domains I own and 1 with Gmail) - I want to essentially change all my log-ins on all of my online accounts and services to use one email address. Can 1Password be used for that sort of thing? Otherwise I have to log into all accounts and change email address individually (there's lots).
  2. Using 'Remember Password' on Chrome is probably not a secure thing to do. Does 1Password scrap all these or do I have to somehow delete all remembered logins?

Kind Regards,
Andy

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

1Password can't change login information for you, no.

You can export your data from Chrome into 1Password though.

• Hi @Andy_Galaxy

Thanks for considering 1Password. What plttn said is true: we don't offer a mechanism to automatically change your credentials. We do have a guide that may be helpful, though:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

I usually recommend folks do this as they are logging into their accounts anyway, rather than trying to do it wholesale, but that's personal preference. We do also recommend disabling your browser's built-in password management capabilities:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Andy_Galaxy
    Andy_Galaxy
    Community Member

Thanks for your replies.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.