To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

When I try to add my Yubikey as Security Key, it gives me a timeout

Options
kajurria
kajurria
Community Member

When I try to add my Yubikey Standard (Black) as Security Key, it gives me the message "Something went wrong - The request timed out". I tried Chrome and Safari on Mac with the same result. The Yubikey works fine if I let it dump its string in a text file and it works fine with my previous password manager (LastPass).

1Password Version: Web
Extension Version: Web
OS Version: OSX 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:yubikey timeout

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kajurria! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please reproduce this issue and capture the logs in your browser? You can them email them to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Jasper
    Options

Hey @kajurria, unfortunately the YubiKey Standard doesn't support the modern WebAuthn/U2F standards, only some of the older protocols, so it will not work with 1Password.

• kajurria
    kajurria
    Community Member
    Options

Alright. Well then it is probably best to remove it from the list of Compatible legacy Yubikeys on this page https://www.yubico.com/works-with-yubikey/catalog/1password/

• Ben
    Options

Thanks @kajurria. I'll see if our folks can reach out to Yubikey on this. Sorry for the mixup.

Ben

• AllenH
    AllenH
    Community Member
    Options

Yikes- so does this mean that 1Password doesn't support Yubikey hardware keys?

• Ben
    Options

We support various Yubikeys depending on the platform (e.g. on iOS you need a Yubikey 5Ci or YubiKey 5 NFC), but generally at a minimum the key needs to be U2F compatible. The "Yubikey Standard" model is not.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.