read only, no auto fill

Options
fiberwoolie
fiberwoolie
Community Member
edited April 2020 in Mac

The 1P icon in the tool bar doesn't open at all any more. The icon in the menu bar says to turn on the extension and there is a button to open extension preferences in safari. It says it is turned on. Earlier today they worked, but they were read only and I sometimes got a message saying welcome to 1P 7 and subscribe today etc.

I have had a license since 11/18 and it has auto filled always in the past until yesterday. (I think it got this corvid 19! ha). I have re-booted, reinstalled 1P7 (not sure from where anymore). And tried several suggestions that were in the forums. Hence the thing not working at all now. I've been trying to find the answer all day and I cry uncle now. The icon on the dock opens so I can copy and paste the info I need. How do I get it to auto fill? Help ;-)

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 13.1
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @fiberwoolie

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble here. These symptoms usually indicate your license file has not been applied to 1Password. Have you tried double clicking on your license to open it with 1Password?

Please let me know if that helps.

Ben

• fiberwoolie
    fiberwoolie
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben,
    How would I double click on my license? While I'm not a computer wizard, I'm not at a total loss either, but all I have is a license number and also a message box that pops up when I go to Menu bar/1P7/ License. It just says that I have one and my name and date with a silver seal. BTW, my phone works fine.

• @fiberwoolie

Can you tell us the installed version of 1Password, specifically the store it came from? The following topic will show you how to check the store in the first few steps. I have seen a few customers accidentally grab updates from the Mac App Store, which does not support our licenses. If this is not the case, we can rule that out quickly.

https://support.1password.com/update-1password/

• Ben
    Options

To add to what Tommy said, if you have a 1Password 7 license, you'll have a license file, not a text-based license key. License keys were for previous versions.

Ben

• fiberwoolie
    fiberwoolie
    Community Member
    Options

In the "about" box it says version 7.4.3 bought from the password store. (could I buy from the store but update from the Mac app and it still say 1P store?). I have a record of a license for 1P 5 version 5.3.1 with a license key number modified on 11/2018. It shows an attachment called License.onepassword-license which when I double click it/open and choose application/1P7 it says invalid license, "Failed to parse the license file."

I still go back to the fact that it worked a few day ago... What would happen if I went to finder/applications and put 1P7 in the trash, then downloaded another version from your site? Am I able to a). do that without buying again, b) would it help and c) where do I go to do this like I should? This is becoming bigger than it should and I appreciate your help.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@fiberwoolie

Thanks for following up. I think we should locate the license and apply it to the installation again.

could I buy from the store but update from the Mac app and it still say 1P store?

No.

I have a record of a license for 1P 5 version 5.3.1 with a license key number modified on 11/2018. It shows an attachment called License.onepassword-license which when I double click it/open and choose application/1P7 it says invalid license, "Failed to parse the license file."

That would be true, as 1Password 7 was a paid upgrade.

I still go back to the fact that it worked a few day ago

Unknown reason, at this point. :(

What would happen if I went to finder/applications and put 1P7 in the trash, then downloaded another version from your site?

This would not affect the licensing.

Am I able to
    a). do that without buying again, and

Yes.

b) would it help

No.

c) where do I go to do this like I should?

Sounds like we need to apply the proper license. That will fix you up.

This is becoming bigger than it should and I appreciate your help.

No problem, we're here to help.

Can you check your mail for a license for 1Password 7 it would have come from mailer@fastspring.com. Once you locate it, click the blue button near the middle of the page to download the license? Once downloaded, double click the license file to apply it to 1Password. You will see a congratulations/registration window.

• fiberwoolie
    fiberwoolie
    Community Member
    Options

No. I no longer have that email.

• @fiberwoolie

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. fiberwoolie
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/555920#Comment_555920

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You will receive a reply from BitBot our automated system. In that reply will be a ticket number, please let us know what it is.

• fiberwoolie
    fiberwoolie
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my gosh. You guys are going way above and beyond. Thank you.

[#DZS-46854-727]

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@fiberwoolie

Got it, I’ll be replying shortly to the submission.

ref: DZS-46854-727

This discussion has been closed.