Chrome Extension obsolete?

Options

Obvisouly, the 1password extension UI is old and lack of development. The late update from chrome store is on June 25, 2019. On the contrary, the 1password X seems like a successor of chrome extension, ease to use with prompt development.
But for windows user, our usage envirmrnt not only limited to chrome extension, and also the standalone app. Alother pain is because the "X" is a standalone chrome app, it won't connet with the desktop app. Thus I can't use windows hello to perform quick unlock.
Any one from your development team tell me, does the legacy chrome extension has been cease development?

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 Pro 1903
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dukai1011!

Currently, we are still working on both extensions. The legacy Chrome extension has been in development for years now though, so it does not require as many updates as 1Password X, which is our most recent browser extension. Therefore, there is still a lot to do in 1Password X and that is why our development is proceeding faster there ;)

• dukai1011
    dukai1011
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

thanks for getting back, if the 1password X is intentionally to replace the legacy chrome extension, then please consider to add connection to standalone app and windows hello. Make user to manually unlock the 1passsword X is a pain

• dukai1011
    dukai1011
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back. If the 1password X is intended to replace the legacy chrome extension, then please consider adding the connection to the standalone app and windows hello. Make user unlock the 1passsword X manually is a pain

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dukai1011:

Indeed, the feature is already available in 1Password for Mac with the Desktop App Integration feature, so I imagine it will make its way to 1Password for Windows as well ;)

This discussion has been closed.