Tried to Change Master Password - Now Everything Is a Mess

Options

I thought I would change my master password since it was over 12 months old (good password hygiene and all that). I went into the software on the separate screen, entered the old password, changed to the new, confirmed the new, and the software emailed me my new secret key and recovery PDF. I saved it in a secure place--sweet, thought I was done and it was so simple! Now, the software is claiming my secret key is wrong, that my new password is invalid, and when I try to log in through the extension, my old password is the one that is still working. Furthermore, it consistently locks me out every time I click away from the extension. WHAT did I do and how can I fix it so that I'm not caught in this purgatory??

1Password Version: 7.4.7
Extension Version: 1.18.1
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bridgebrad13! Welcome to the forum!

Now, the software is claiming my secret key is wrong, that my new password is invalid, and when I try to log in through the extension, my old password is the one that is still working.

From what you are writing, it sounds like you might actually created two 1Password accounts instead of one. This would explain why you are able to login with the old credentials even after you changed them. Is it possible that this is the case?

This discussion has been closed.