1PW Extension not populating CC field on specific website

Options

Hi all,

This used to work with the old 1PW for years, though I became a monthly subscriber in Dec of last year so have the new app and extensions.

When selecting a CC card to fill in, the card number isn't populated. The input in the HTML looks like this:

<input type="text" data-encrypted-name="number" data-focus="true" autocomplete="cc-number" class="form-control input-hg check-supported unknown inspectletIgnore" value="" placeholder="•••• •••• •••• ••••" data-allow-emoji="false">

The field is on the payment page of https://www.wickeduncle.co.uk

All other CC fields populate fine. I'm pretty sure it's the new browser plugin change that caused the change in behaviour, not a site update. I'd have thought the autocomplete attr should be ok for 1PW to identify the field?

Many thanks,

Tom

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.3
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @theTree!

I confirm that I was able to reproduce this issue here, so I will let the developers know about this :+1: The browser extension that you are using is the same as it was last year, so I don't think that's what changed, but regardless, let's see if there is anything we can do.

Thank you for taking the time to report this!

ref: dev/core/filling-issues#744

• theTree
    theTree
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana , thanks for the response. I can see I was running 1PW 5 (last standalone I purchased) before my update in Dec 2019. So I was a little behind the times! The browser extension look and feel changed pretty dramatically after my update.

Thanks for the feedback.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@theTree:

1Password 5 is indeed several years old, so in that case, it's entirely possible that several things changed from then until the latest browser extension :)

This discussion has been closed.