After changing a lot passwords on iMac, opening 1password on iPad, the old passwords came again!

Options
pianist64
pianist64
Community Member

I changed a lot passwords in 1 password on my iMac, later on I opened 1 password on my iPad and the old passwords came again on my iMac.
I do everything in the cloud. That was terrible! That is not expected from a modern program.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 7.4.4
OS Version: macOS high Sierra 10,13,6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:after changing a lot passwords on iMac, opening on iPad, the old passwords came again on iMac.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pianist64! Welcome to the forum!

How many vaults do you see inside the 1Password app on your iPad?

• pianist64
    pianist64
    Community Member
    Options

only one: Personal

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pianist64:

Thank you for the confirmation. And can you confirm what the name of the vault in your 1Password app on your iMac is instead?

I ask because in your first post you wrote that you are syncing your data via iCloud, but now you wrote that your data is in the Personal vault, which syncs via 1Password.com instead, and does not use iCloud. So I wonder if this is part of the problem.

• pianist64
    pianist64
    Community Member
    Options

The name of the vault on my iMac is also named "Personal".

• pianist64
    pianist64
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, I think I don't understand the system of syncing. I thought it works with iCloud? But when the last changings on my iMac 1password are made, and I look at my 1password on my iPad, than the changings must be synced on my iMac ! ??

• pianist64
    pianist64
    Community Member
    Options

sorry, than the changings must be synced on my iPad.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @pianist64

It sounds like you're using a 1Password membership, not iCloud, but it would be good to confirm. So we can investigate further I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112854/after-changing-a-lot-passwords-on-imac-opening-1password-on-ipad-the-old-passwords-came-again#latest
    • Your forum username: pianist64

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.