Merge vaults

Options
gandalf1981
gandalf1981
Community Member

I have been having issues with items not appearing on my phone and Mac. Then I realised I had two vaults. My primary (iCloud) and personal. So now my passwords are fragmented between the two.

Is there a way to merge the two vaults (without cloning duplicates) either into one vault or into a new vault?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi @gandalf1981!

There are a couple of ways you can do this, although there isn't an automatic merging tool in 1Password:

• You can move items manually
    • You can move all the contents of one vault in the other, and then have 1Password help you remove duplicates (Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items)

Just make sure that you end up using just the Personal vault (if you have a 1Password Membership, you get automatic sync with your account, so there is no need to continue using iCloud separately to sync your data ;) ).

• gandalf1981
    gandalf1981
    Community Member
    Options

perfect. thanks for that. just the news i wanted. shall start working my way through that later tonight.

and yes the cloud data was a legacy option from days of old before the subscription model was introduced.

think my drop box 1password v1.x still is around somewhere. i miss the days of the self contained portable little chappy.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gandalf1981: you are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us anytime, we will be happy to help you.

Have a wonderful day! :)

• SupaM
    SupaM
    Community Member
    Options

That's one of the reasons why I still love the internet - if you have a problem and are able to formulate it precisely enough you'll get pages like this one which solved my problem as well. Thanks @ag_ana

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SupaM! You are very welcome!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• chrismcneal
    chrismcneal
    Community Member
    Options

Why would my "(Help > Tools > Clean Up Duplicate Items)" be grayed out an not an option... thanks!

• @chrismcneal

That happens when you are in the All Vaults view, change to a specific vault and give it a go. :)

• chrismcneal
    chrismcneal
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy You ROCK! That was it.

• :+1: :)

• jrobmn
    jrobmn
    Community Member
    Options

Google led me to this thread when I had the same question as the original poster. Do I understand correctly that I could safely DELETE the "Primary (iCloud)" vault, now that I have a subscription and my "Personal" vault is synced? Or is that a bad idea?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jrobmn:

If all your data is in your Personal vault already, and it is syncing that way, we recommend removing the old Primary vault so you don't have duplicates, and you don't end up storing items in the wrong vault by mistake. Just make sure that you don't need anything from there anymore, and then feel free to remove it from the app ;)

• jrobmn
    jrobmn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I just dragged and dropped everything from Primary to Personal (to be sure), then removed duplicates.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good @jrobmn! It looks like you are sorted now then :)

This discussion has been closed.