Pixel Slate fingerprint unlock

billboebel
billboebel
Community Member

Will 1password support unlocking the 1password Android app on a Pixel Slate using fingerprint (aka Pixel Imprint)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I don't have one to test with, but as long as it's not doing anything weird and just uses Google's Nexus Imprint APIs (I can't see why it wouldn't, since that's been the case on all their devices since they introduced it), then it will work with 1Password for Android. :)

• VCR
    VCR
    Community Member

I just received my Pixel Slate yesterday. I installed the 1Password Android App and I see the message in the settings that the Fingerprint hardware is not available. I hope it will be supported in the future. If you need a beta tester, I would be happy to help! :)

• peri
    edited December 2018

Hi @VCR and @billboebel. At the moment, no Android apps have access to the fingerprint scanner on the Slate, but we're looking forward to supporting it as soon as it's available.

Feel free to join our beta channel if you want to be a tester, though!

• efierro
    efierro
    Community Member

Hi, any news on full support for the pixel slate or any other chromebook? I have been using the app for Android but the fingerprint unlock still does not work and other things go crazy as when I have an external monitor, the app goes black... using the web interface for now.

• @efierro Unfortunately, the Pixel Slate only supports Fingerprint Unlock for the device itself. It's not possible to unlock apps with Fingerprint Unlock, though we hope this changes in the future!

As to your external monitor, by default, 1Password disables screen capturing to protect your privacy. If you launch and unlock 1Password, tap Settings > Advanced, and allow screenshots, you should be able to use 1Password for Android on an external monitor.

This discussion has been closed.