Do I need my old Dropbox .agilekeychain file for any reason?

Options
4dickeys
4dickeys
Community Member

I am a long time user of 1Password and moved to Families a few years ago. I just got a new iMac and installed a fresh version of 1Password and it didn't like trying to connect to the .agilekeychain file on Dropbox. But...do I even need that Dropbox folder anymore? Isn't everyone in my family connecting to the data file via 1Password.com? The Dropbox file still shows a new "modified" date when I access the application so I don't want to delete it without knowing I'm safe and that my far-flung family will still have access. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Do I need my old Dropbox .agilekeychain file for any reason?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@4dickeys

I am a long time user of 1Password and moved to Families a few years ago.

Glad to have you on the Families train. :)

I just got a new iMac and installed a fresh version of 1Password and it didn't like trying to connect to the .agilekeychain file on Dropbox. But...do I even need that Dropbox folder anymore?

No, not if you are not using Dropbox for syncing.

Isn't everyone in my family connecting to the data file via 1Password.com?

Yes, If you have set them up and they have joined the family.
    * Only you would know for sure, we have no knowledge of which 3rd party sync service you could be using.

The Dropbox file still shows a new "modified" date when I access the application so I don't want to delete it without knowing I'm safe and that my far-flung family will still have access.

This would cause me concern as well. I would suggest reaching out to them to verify they no longer use the Dropbox vault.

• 4dickeys
    4dickeys
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks but how do I know what file location is being used for syncing? Is there a preference or setting somewhere on each of our devices where I can tell (and change) where the data is updating?

1. For Mac, head to 1Password > Preferences look for a sync tab, if one is not present, that device is not using a 3rd party sync service such as Dropbox.

2. For iOS, 1Password > Settings > Vaults, look for a vault called Primary. If you find a Primary vault, it could mean they are using Dropbox to sync. If you see Primary tap it, and it should display the sync mechanism such as Dropbox.

• 4dickeys
    4dickeys
    Community Member
    Options

That's why I couldn't find one - must be syncing to your cloud. Thanks!

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.