2 accounts on 1 macbook

jajacobs
jajacobs
Community Member

i have a family account and my wife and i each have our own vaults and we share a vault. we have a new mac w/1pw on it and we each have our own accounts on that mac. i want to use my own master password for 1pw when i log in to my account on that mac and i want my wife to use her master password for 1pw when she uses that mac and logs into her account on it. i want to see my vault and shared vault and i want my wife to see her vault and shared vault. i'm halfway there. i have my account set up and it works fine, but my wife's account requires my master password for 1pw and then she sees my vault and not her vault. not sure how to change the 1pw setup for my wife's account on this shared mac. how does my wife reset 1pw when she is using the mac so that she see her vault and uses her master password?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@jajacobs

To clarify, she has her own macOS user account?

If so, 1Password should prompt her to add her account when launched from her macOS user account. Is that not what you're seeing?
    Perhaps you had an old setup from before your membership days.

1. Verify she is able to login to her account via a web browser using
    1. Reset the installation in her macOS user account and sign into her 1Password Families account.

a. Open 1Password. You don’t need to enter your Master Password.

b. From the menu bar, choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions.

• jajacobs
    jajacobs
    Community Member

thanks so much! that worked! one thing i did have to do: when i opened 1pw (step 2a above), i had to login with my own master pw. but i was then i was able to remove my account in 1pw preferences. as soon as i did that, i got the prompt to enter my wife's credentials for 1pw (username, secret key, master pw). entering those finished the setup perfectly. thanks again!

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.