To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Does 1Password work only from my personal computer?

Alice_P
Alice_P
Community Member

Can I access my membership/account from any computer?
DOEs it only work on my home computer?
ANY VERSION!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can I sign in from a public computer?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Alice_P! Welcome to the forum!

You can access your 1Password Membership from any computer, provided your have your account credentials from the Emergency Kit ;)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

There are the usual warnings about using a computer you do not own. Your details could be captured by whoever controls that computer. You have to decide how much of a risk that is.

• Absolutely, thanks for sharing that tip @danco! :smile::+1:

• random_user
    random_user
    Community Member

Is there a way to create an emergency kit on ios?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@random_user:

At the moment this is not possible. You can store an Emergency Kit on iOS if you wish, but it has to be generated from either 1Password for Mac or from the 1Password.com website.

• random_user
    random_user
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply ag_ana. My Mac is inoperable at the moment, and I have the app on my iPhone. I got the license many years ago. Is that a scenario that will work? I now have a chromebook that I’m trying to get 1Password installed on.

• Sorry about that. The Chromebook should be able to generate an Emergency Kit, as can the Safari app on iOS. If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/ using Chrome on your Chromebook or Safari on iOS you can navigate to [Your Name] > My Profile in the right-hand sidebar and then tap 'Save Emergency Kit'.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• @Bloom1234112

I've removed your private information from your above posts. This is a public forum. Everyone in the world can read everything that you write here. I would strongly encourage you to exercise caution. Your Master Password should never be shared with anyone, even our support team. If you need help changing your Master Password (you should - and you shouldn't use what you posted here) please see this guide:

How to change your Master Password

If you need further assistance please contact us via private email.

Thank you.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.