Credit Cards on Suggestions

craig_francis
craig_francis
Community Member

When I'm on a web page, the [alt]+[cmd]+[/] window shows a window of suggestions... that used to include Logins, Credit Cards, and I think other things as well (maybe Identities).

It seems to only show Logins now, and admittedly it's been like this for a while, I was just hoping it was a simple bug that would have been picked up and reported by someone else.

1Password Version: 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 for Chrome
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• @craig_francis

I am not sure this behavior is not by design. We had users asking that their credit card information not be shown in suggestions. I will need to locate some of the powers that be, to give me a yes or no on this is the intended behavior.

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

If I go to edit a credit card, at the bottom is a "display" field, with the option "suggest in browser" selected (rather than "never suggest in browser")... so that implies it should be shown.

Also, I'm putting my credit card details into 1Password so they can be filled out easily on websites, admittedly that bit often goes wrong (values in the wrong fields), but at least it used to be easy to access, so I could copy/paste individual values.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@craig_francis

Will this work for you? In the extension when you need to fill card details, change from suggestions to credit cards, locate the card and fill the details. Although that leads to a few more clicks. :(

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut to select credit cards (even tabbing doesn't allow me to select that field)... so it's slow (due to the mouse), but I do occasionally do this.

It's often easier/faster to launch 1Password itself, do a search for the bank name, and try to remember the different copy keyboard shortcuts (because I can't tab or right arrow into the details panel, to select/copy individual fields, which I can do in 1Password Mini).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@craig_francis:

Out of curiosity: if you switch the dropdown menu in 1Password mini from Suggestions to All Items, are your credit card shown?

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

Yep, my credit cards are shown when I select "All Items" (or Credit Cards).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @craig_francis. In your case, I suggest you keep that dropdown selected then for now.

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

Unfortunately 1Password Mini resets to the "suggestions" selection every now and again (which it should do).

And, because I'm a website developer, most of the sites I'm logging into have multiple logins, so seeing all logins from all sites (rather than the limited selection for the current site) isn't ideal.

That said, it's not an urgent problem, it's been affecting me for a long time (probably over a year tbh), so I'll just wait for the fix :-)

• @craig_francis

Unfortunately I don't have any sort of a timeline on when/if this would be addressed in the 1Password desktop app extension. With 1Password X we always show credit cards as suggestions. We do have a feature request in to show them only on pages that appear to have a form that could accept them, and that may be more likely to be the direction we would head.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#1261

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

Yep, np, I've been fine with it so far (I should have raised the issue when it first happened).

But, when it comes to your system detecting pages that appears to accept credit cards, I'm not sure how good that is (seems to go wrong fairly frequently, often due to the poor/odd coding on the payment gateway pages)... so should I start collecting examples where this does fail (e.g. entering the credit card number in the username field)... maybe I could save the page (HTML) as examples, so you can tweak your system?

• We haven't built the feature yet, so it can't have bugs in it yet. ;) Certainly if we do roll something like that out for 1Password X then reports of instances of it not working would be appreciated (likely in either the Saving and Filling category or 1Password X category).

Ben

• craig_francis
    craig_francis
    Community Member

Not sure I understand, Credit Cards used to be shown as Suggestions (so it's not really a feature that needs to be built, but rather brought back).

Either way, next time there is an auto-fill issue, I'll file it in Saving and Filling in Logins category.

• It would be a rebuild if and when it comes to 1Password X. Different programming languages, so very likely to be different bugs. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.