Bug: v. 7.5.1 on iPhone XR — can’t give input focus to the search box

Options
Tburgueso
Tburgueso
Community Member

7.5.1 seems to work correctly on my iPad, but it is not usable on my iPhone XR running iOS 13.3.1. Tapping in the search field neither gives input focus to the search text field, nor activates the onscreen keyboard. This is true when 1Password's Categories or Tags page is displayed; the search field does work correctly for Favorites. If I hold on (rather than tap) the search field, a popup box containing “Search” appears, but no action is triggered. This is the only app on my iPhone which has any text input problem, and 1Password worked correctly until the 7.5.1 update. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, and also tried shutting down and rebooting the iPhone, but the problem is the same.

1Password Version: 7.5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Tburgueso!

I could not reproduce this on my iPhone running 1Password 7.5.1, but I noticed that you are a few iOS updates behind. Can you please try updating from iOS 13.3.1 to the latest iOS version, and see if that helps?

• Tburgueso
    Tburgueso
    Community Member
    Options

Hi — this has been assigned a T.S. case number, so that’s probably the correct place to try to debug the problem.

Interesting to me that my device wasn’t running the current iOS rev. It’s a new device, received new from Apple 7 days ago, and activated (and upgraded to the latest version of iOS available at that time) on 13 April. When I saw your response, I checked in the Settings app, which did not indicate with a notification badge that there was a software upgrade available. However, when I explicitly opened General —> Software Update, the new rev of the OS was available. Thanks for having drawn my attention to that. The OS update unfortunately did not change the pathology of the 1Password app, but as I mentioned, that’s being tracked through the normal case ID mechanism at this point.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tburgueso:

Thank you for the update. Keeping your device up-to-date is always a good idea, so it was worth checking even if it did not help you with the specific issue you are experiencieng.

I see the email conversation that you are having with my colleague Stephanie, so in order to avoid duplicating the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion, and I will let you continue the conversation via email.

ref: XYK-17557-254

This discussion has been closed.