I want to use fingerprint to unlock chrome extension

Hi guys,

Hoping you can clarify some thing for me.

It all started because 1Password-X Chrome extension wasn't using my fingerprint to authenticate. Until now, each time I ht crtrl-x to unlock 1P-X, it prompted me for my password, not fingerprint. Opening the app locally, does prompt for my password. So after reading the blog, I think it said that only the 1P-X beta supported fingerprint.

So I removed my current 1P-X extension and installed the beta. After the last update was released I get this message from the extension.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Roger

1Password Version: 7 Version 7.5.BETA-1 (70500001)
Extension Version: 1.19.1
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rogerrayner
    rogerrayner
    Community Member

Hi, with the new update released the integration between chrome and 1password app was disabled? This feature is going to be in future versions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rogerrayner! Welcome to the forum!

I have merged both your comments in the same discussion so we have everything in one place ;)

Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and also right click on the Chrome icon in your dock and select Quit? Then relaunch both 1Password and Chome and see if that helps.

If you're still seeing the same error on the 1Password X settings page, we'll want to see a copy of your 1Password X log as well as a diagnostics report from your computer to make sure everything's set up properly. The latter can only be emailed in, though. If you're up for it, please send an email to support+forum@1password.com, and mention a link to this post as well as your forum username. You can find instructions on how to obtain both your diagnostics report and your 1Password X log below.

1Password X Log
    Diagnostics Report

You can email the logs to us at support+forum@agilebits.com. After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

@all - the 1.19.2 update has been released few minutes ago. It works like a charm.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update :+1: :)

• rogerrayner
    rogerrayner
    Community Member

@wizard86pz when I click to update my 1password x it appears a message that I have the latest, but I have the 1.19.1 installed.

@ag_ana I have to do something different to update?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

It's about Google Chrome extension platform, I'm in Europe, and the update is spreading around the world, let's wait at least 24h for you.

• rogerrayner
    rogerrayner
    Community Member

Ok... thank you for all information.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rogerrayner:

Indeed, you should just wait a bit longer, nothing else for you to do at the moment :)

• rogerrayner
    rogerrayner
    Community Member

Hi, my extension updated e everything is working like a charm (as @wizard86pz said hahahahaha). Tks for the help guys.

• I am glad to hear the release is working its way through the store. Even better things are working for you. Let us know if things change.

• paulr540
    paulr540
    Community Member

Hi. I have the following dmg installed on BigSur. (apple M1 chip). 1Password 7. Version 7.7 (70700015)
    Chrome extension is installed.
    1PW application (ie desktop app) prompts for fingerprint.
    Extension does not.
    I've tried disabling/ re-enabling touch ID.
    I've removed/ reinstalled the extension.
    Suggestions? Help!

• @paulr540

Which version of our extension are you using our companion app extension or 1Password X?

• paulr540
    paulr540
    Community Member

1 password X is the one I downloaded. should I be using another?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@paulr540

1Password X's Touch ID feature has temporarily been removed. An announcement is posted in our forum from one of our founders. It includes details on what the future holds. https://1password.community/discussion/115228/temporarily-removing-desktop-app-integration/p1

If Touch ID is needed you could optionally switch to our companion app extension until the feature is brought back to 1Password X.

1. Disable 1Password X in the Chrome extension settings. No need to remove it.
    2. Download and install the companion app extension.

--

Due to the extensions' differences, you may first need to completely quit your browser and 1Password for communication to work properly.

1. Quit your browser.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder.

Please let us know if you have additional questions. We would be more than happy to assist you.

• mbyrne
    mbyrne
    Community Member

Hi @ag_tommy - just tried searching around. Any news on when this will be coming back? I remember it was due to a re-write and I thought original estimates were end of 2020 or early 2021. Just seeing if it's expected soon in beta.

• mbyrne
    mbyrne
    Community Member

Hrmm ... ok ... I just read https://1password.community/discussion/comment/591579/#Comment_591579 .... it's out on Linux ... then "in coming months" Windows ... then Mac ... :(

I think everyone's disappointment in this path and lack of interim solution has already been expressed ... and many of us are experienced software developers ... I'll continue to wait.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @mbyrne ,
    Yes, it is currently released on Linux and will soon follow on other platforms.

In the meantime, if you really need Touch ID unlock, you can install 1Password Classic in your browser instead: https://support.1password.com/cs/1password-classic-extension/

• rogerrayner
    rogerrayner
    Community Member

@ag_yaron What's the difference between classic and X ?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rogerrayner:

X (now called 1Password in the browser) is our latest version of the browser extension. Please see this post from my colleague Yaron for more details, and let us know if you have any questions :+1:

• mbyrne
    mbyrne
    Community Member

Yea thanks @ag_yaron - I'll switch back to the classic extension and check back on the other one when mac integration lands.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1:

This discussion has been closed.