New features for tagging

Hello! throughout my years of using 1Password, these are the features that I think would refine user experience even more:
1. show a suggestion of tags when users1. try to type one (i.e. in a form of dropbox). Since atm users have to type the tags manually, resulting in people who have dozens of tag like me may mistype and cause duplication
2. the ability to edit tag name. the fact the tag names need to be changed manually at the presence, I think, is really time-consuming as I need to go to every entry with that tag and change it by hand.
3. the ability to remove tags. Same reason with the request above

All and all, all of the aforementioned requests are to increase user experience when a lot of entries with tags need adjustment. I've been using 1Password for 2 years now, and see those requests be made true will definitely give me more reason to stay.

Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Vietank123,

Thanks for the suggestions. I believe we've already done all of that.

1. show a suggestion of tags when users1. try to type one

We do auto-completion for tags like this:

You can also press up / down arrow keys to go through the list or click the arrow to see the whole list.

We do plan to bring that to the Save Login window, which needs to be redesigned as well.

2. the ability to edit tag name, 3. the ability to remove tags. Same reason with the request above

Right-click any tag name on the sidebar to rename or delete it.

• Vietank123
    Vietank123
    Community Member

Thank you @MikeT for the response, I should have mentioned before that those futures I want to add are for the browser version. I stopped using the Windows version like 1 and a half years ago and didn't realize such features were added.

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @Vietank123,

This forum is for the 1Password for Windows program, the 1Password X extension is a separate product with its own forum here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/categories/1password-x

Would you like me to move this to the other forum?

We have been adding a lot over the past year and so, you can see the changelog here for the Windows program. One you may like is Windows Hello support in 1Password 7.0 for Windows release, which 1Password X doesn't support on Windows at the moment.

• Vietank123
    Vietank123
    Community Member

yes, please move my thread if possible and I'm sorry for the mistake.

• cecelia
    edited March 2020

Hey @Vietank123! No worries. :)

Mike was close! Since all the 1Password X item editing happens on 1Password.com, these are more of 1Password.com feature requests. I don't want to make you jump through any more hoops or wait any longer for a reply, though.

I think those are great ideas. I'd use them, for sure; especially the ability to edit a tag name and have it affect all the items with that tag :love:. I'm happy to forward these requests to our 1Password.com development team and see where it takes us. I'd like to get some clarification on the last option really quick, though. You mentioned the ability to remove tags. Do you mean the ability to delete a tag and have 1Password remove that tag from all the items with it?

• Vietank123
    Vietank123
    Community Member

Hello @cecelia, thank you for such a positive response. And yes, that's exactly what I was talking about. I would really love to see such features enabled on the web version!

• :smile: Of course. Thanks for clarifying! I've gone ahead and filed a feature request issue with the team. 🤞🏻

ref:dev/b5/b5#7557

• WA Dan
    WA Dan
    Community Member

I second the ability to edit name. Often it's only after a while that one may realize that a different naming system makes more sense.

Also, besides dragging an item to a tag, I think a faster way would be able to display buttons on one's about the tag field. That way one could just click on button, such as "finance" to add it. Some people might have too many tags to do this, so perhaps it could be limited to something like the top 10 tags based on frequency of use.

• Thanks for the +1 and additional input, WA Dan (sorry, apparently I can't tag you successfully with the space in your name). Bringing a consistent tag-editing experience to our users across all platforms is something that's certainly on our developers' radar. The button favorites idea sounds neat! Your comment/this thread has been added to the issue I created regarding tag editability. :)

This discussion has been closed.