1Password/Mini Requires SEARCH for Vault Item

Options

When I open 1Password or 1Password Mini, I see my vault items listed (no problem). If I select a vault item (e.g. login) and click “Open and Fill”, I am taken to the login website (no problem). However, when I go back to 1Password Mini to select my username and password, no vault items are shown or listed—only a blank search field is shown (see screenshot). For things to work, I have to search for the website I’m on (which I got to through 1PW), then copy and paste my username. Strangely, when I then go back to 1PW to retrieve my password, the 1PW login item (for the website I’m on) is shown. In other words, I do not have to do a search again for the vault item. I’m not sure why 1PW is doing this. It never used to. Under Preferences, Mini, I do have "Open 1PW to Suggestions". Is this related to not having a browser extension? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Jimson_Weed ,

Can you please try the instructions here and see if that works: https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-already-installed/

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron,

Thank you for the instructions. I followed the full instructions several times (including computer restarts) but sadly, it did not work.

Other thoughts?

Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hey @Jimson_Weed ,
    Before I ask you to send us an email for more private troubleshooting, can you please make sure that you actually have the 1Password extension installed in your browser? There should be a little 1Password icon on the top right corner of your Firefox.

If there's no 1Password icon there, please install the 1Password extension so that the 1Password desktop app can connect to your browser and autofill: https://1password.com/browsers/

Also, please note that if you're using the "Open & Fill" feature in the desktop app, you must have an open browser window before clicking it. If there's no open browser window, it might fail to work.

Let me know how it goes.

ref: JRL-78886-616

• Jimson_Weed
    Jimson_Weed
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron,

Success. I added the 1Password extension to Firefox as suggested and it now works. I truly appreciate your help--thank you!

• :+1: :) On behalf of Yaron, you're welcome. Stop by anytime.

This discussion has been closed.