Bulk updating HTTP websites to HTTPS

This discussion was created from comments split from: Semi-Bulk Updating Unsecured Websites on Mac.

Comments

• wbkang
    wbkang
    Community Member

So I checked out the CLI, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update an item? Will op create update the existing document if given the same UUID? I am totally willing to put an example script up here but that's where I am stuck.

• Cldfire
    Cldfire
    Community Member

I poked around to see what could be done here and it looks like we're out of luck for now; there is indeed no way to update an existing item as confirmed by this comment. That comment is from last year, but as you pointed out I see nothing in the documentation currently that would suggest support for updating existing items has been added since.

This is something that would be pretty trivial to add first-class support for within Watchtower, though, so hopefully that happens at some point and we can skip the scripting step entirely.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@Cldfire @wbkang You're correct there is no way to edit items currently, we're working on designing item editing, it's not as easy as it sounds to make it user friendly :)

• kv3
    kv3
    Community Member

+1 on the need,

this feature is actually required for us to automate some of my workflows.

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@kv3 thanks for letting us know, and item editing is still something we're pursuing :)

• felix_1p
    felix_1p
    1Password Alumni

As of v0.10.0, the 1Password command line tool has a edit item command with which existing fields of an item can be updated. See https://support.1password.com/command-line-reference/#edit-item for more information!

This discussion has been closed.