default view switched from all items to logins

ambar
ambar
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Recently (possibly 7.5-BETA 0?) the default view on my desktop app switched from All Items to Logins. As it happens, the first thing I need to do every day is extract a PIN (not a login) and I am not happy with having to click to get to my most used item when before it was just on top of the "most used" list when I unlocked the app.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.5.BETA-1 (70500001)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4 (19E287)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default view

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@ambar

Are you able to click below the search field on the downward-facing arrow and change the view to Frequently Used?

ref: VLS-31265-743

• ambar
    ambar
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

That view is already at "frequency used". The issue is in the Vaults bar, which is defaulting to "Logins" under "Categories" instead of defaulting to "All Items".

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ambar, thank-you for taking the time to reply.

The default view in the sidebar should be remembered from one session to the next, and I can't see any recent changes to that part of the app. So if I select "Bank Accounts" for example, quit and relaunch the app, then "Bank Accounts" would still be selected.

Are you perhaps switching to "Logins" during your working day, which causes that to be the default when you start work the next day?

(If that's not the case, then we'll need to investigate some more)

• ambar
    ambar
    Community Member

No, I'm not selecting logins at any point (at least I think I'm not; after my morning unlock routine, I mostly use the mini in my browser). It seems to switch on unlock.

I tried your suggestion, quit the app and reopened, and it was still correct (at all items).

I tried locking and unlocking, and it was still correct. So my problem is "solved", at least until it recurs :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @ambar! I am glad to hear this :)

Please let us know if this happens again though, and we will be happy to take another look for you.

This discussion has been closed.