Copy not working in Password 1X (hosted in new Edge)

I am running Password 1X inside of the new Edge. Autofill works, but the copy "button" on a password does not work.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows Pro 19582
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chanan! Thanks for the report. Which build of Edge are you running – beta, dev, or canary? I'd like to test this out on my end to see if I can reproduce, but I'm wondering which one to install.

Let me know!

• chanan
    chanan
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn I using Dev build latest, which is currently: 82.0.446.0

Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@chanan – I appreciate you sharing that with me. After spending some time investigating this, I believe I've narrowed it down to copying concealed fields that's not working in Edge on Windows. Granted, I did see some inconsistencies while copying usernames as well, but I was able to reproduce the issue when copying a password each and every time. Can you try copying a username field in a Login item and let me know if it makes it to your clipboard? After that, try copying a password and let me know the results.

I've passed the report along to our developers now, so they'll take a look and determine how to move forward. In the meantime, it does look like clicking and dragging the value from the 1Password X pop-up to the field you'd like filled will still work, so you're welcome to give that a try. If you aren't sure what I mean, just let me know and I'd be happy to demonstrate it for you. :)

ref: dev/core/core#1170

• chanan
    chanan
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn Yes, I see the same - username works, password does not.

Thank you, I didnt know you can drag passwords, yes that works and helps a lot!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@chanan – That makes sense. Thank you for testing that out for me. I'm glad I shared the click and drag trick – That should definitely help while we get this sorted.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to let me know! I'll be here for you. ❤️

• predominance
    predominance
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn, just letting you guys know that this issue is also affecting Edge beta build. Appreciate the workaround you have provided in this thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information @predominance :+1:

This discussion has been closed.