Dark title bar on Windows gone?

Hi there!

This is such a minor complaint I debated even posting it, but here goes: I can't remember if this happened after the most recent 1Password for Windows update or maybe the most recent Windows 10 update, but for whatever reason I don't have the nice pretty dark title bar that I used to.

On the website the picture of the Windows app looks like this (and mine used to look like this too):

Note the dark title bar and how the menu items are all arranged inside the title bar.

Now, my app looks like this:

It's changed to white, and the menu items are located below the title bar.

Was this intentional, or did something on my system affect this? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but it just came back the same way.

Love the product and especially love the support you guys provide. Thank you, and I hope you're all staying safe!

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 (v1903)
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• plttn
    plttn
    Community Member

This was changed in 7.4 due to the custom title bar causing issues.

• carlwh
    carlwh
    Community Member

Ah you’re right. From the 7.4.750 notes:

We've switched 1Password back to using the default Windows title bar and frame style. This will restore the system animations for minimizing, restoring, and resizing 1Password, which are now smooth.

I prefer the look of the old one, but definitely get the change if it was causing a functional problem. Thanks for pointing this out!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@carlwh:

Thank you for taking the time to reach out about this! And I am glad that you managed to find an answer to your question already :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

(And thank you for the assist here @plttn! :+1: )

• @carlwh, it does use the system colors if you have it enabled.

• carlwh
    carlwh
    Community Member

Thanks for the tip, @MikeT !

• We honestly preferred the old one, too, @carlwh, but it caused more trouble than we could justify unfortunately. Still, I'm glad Mike's tip could help some and keep your ear to the ground all the same. Rumor has it we may have some new toys to play with from Microsoft sometime in the future that might maybe allow us to pretty up that title bar a bit. It's out of our hands so might be some false hope, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.