Can't log into family member account

Vanilla711
Vanilla711
Community Member

We have a family account. One of our computers broke, and my husband needs to sign into his account on another Windows 10 computer so he can access the log-ins in his private vault.
I am the master account holder. His name appears in the account along with his e-mail. He has downloaded the latest version of Chrome and downloaded and installed the latest 1Password app for Chrome and the client for Windows 10. We have the master key. He is unable to log into his account on either the client for windows or the plug-in for Chrome using his e-mail address, the master key, and his account password. What can he do to log in to his account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Vanilla711

I'd be happy to help with that. Each person's Secret Key and Master Password are unique. It sounds like you may be trying to use a Secret Key other than his to log in?

Ben

• Vanilla711
    Vanilla711
    Community Member

Yes, I found the secret key and was able to install the 1password plug-in for Chrome. But I can't log into the 1password application for Windows. When I log in, it doesn't offer me a field for the secret key.

• @Vanilla711 If you sign in at https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new&l=en do you see all of your 1Password information? If so then I think the next logical step would be to wipe 1Password for Windows and sign into your account fresh. Open 1Password. You don’t need to enter your Master Password. Choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data and follow the onscreen instructions. Then sign into your account the same way your did for the extension in Chrome. All of the same data that you saw at my.1password.com should then appear in 1Password for Windows.

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• Vanilla711
    Vanilla711
    Community Member

That procedure appears to have worked. My husband can access his vaults with the Windows app as well as the Chrome add-in. Thanks for your help.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @Vanilla711! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.