How do you manage Continue with Apple in your 1Password workflow

olimorris
olimorris
Community Member

I'm quite enjoying the new Continue with Apple sign up feature that a lot of websites/apps are making use of. Particularly the fact that Apple obfuscate your email address from the applications.

However I foresee a future where I'll fail to remember that I signed up to a site/app using Apple. How do or would you all manage this in your 1Password workflow?

1Password Version: 7.4.4 (70404001)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.4 (19E287)
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sign in with apple

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @olimorris! Welcome to the forum!

You could add a note to your Apple ID entry in 1Password to track these, or alternatively, you could create a Login item without a password for each of these websites.

I personally use the second method: these are new accounts at the end of the day, so I like to see that they exist in my 1Password list. Tracking them in 1Password this way makes it easier for me to know how many accounts I have and where :)

• olimorris
    olimorris
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana . Good suggestion. I've opted for the second and put (Apple ID) in the title too.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @olimorris :+1: :)

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member

Just FYI - On an iOS device if you go into settings, Apple ID, Password & Security, apps using your Apple ID.... you’ll see a list with all sites you’ve use log in with Apple with. It’ll also show you the email that was used for each site.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's a great tip @mr_beign, thank you for sharing!

This discussion has been closed.