How To: Search All Logins for a particular password?

I have 500+ logins.
I want to search all logins to find all those that use a common password that I know has been compromised so I can change them to a new password.
Is it possible to search and find all logins that use a given password?
I tried search but that seems to only index login name...not other fields like password.
Appreciate any assistance on this!

1Password Version: 462626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Simnstj
    Simnstj
    Community Member

I should add I have discovered I can export all logins and then sort and search in a spreadsheet.
    Would be great to hear from anyone however if it is still possible to search within 1Password as well....which would be easier and more functional to then be able to click through to each site and change passwords, etc.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Simnstj!

If you type your password in the search bar within the 1Password app, it should show you all the items that use that password. I have just tested this on the latest version of the 1Password for Windows app and it worked for me. I am currently running version 7.4.763.

What is the exact version of 1Password for Windows that you are using? In your first post you wrote version "462626", which is not a version number that I recognize.

• Simnstj
    Simnstj
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Hi @ag_ana Thanks for your reply.
    The version i am using is 4.6.2.626.....(see attached) I did a check for update and it came back that I had the latest version.
    Thanks,

Simon

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Simnstj:

Thank you for the confirmation. Since you are running 1Password 4, I have moved your discussion to the 1Password 4 for Windows section :)

Version 4.6.2.626 is indeed the latest version of 1Password 4, which is very old now. Since then, we have released 1Password 7, and development on 1Password 4 stopped (the last update for that version was almost 3 years ago now). Because of this, I recommend upgrading to 1Password 7: in addition to all the new features, searching by password works in 1Password 7, which is what you are asking for :)

This discussion has been closed.