1Password 6.8.9 MAS can't create synchronized vault with account 1 Password

Joseluismen
Joseluismen
Community Member

Hello, I use two macs with OS X 10.11 and 1Password 6.8.9 from the Mac App Store. I just purchased a third iMac with macOS 10.15.4 and 1Password 7.4.3.
Originally I used a main vault synchronized by iCloud, and two more via dropbox (company, private and obsolete).
I have also found that 1P 6 cannot create new vaults in the sync account, if it seems to be able to create local vaults. The new vault box opens, but if you select the online account, it appears completely blank with no content or button. A new local vault appears with its boxes to be filled with keys and others. Is it possible to create vaults within the account or not?
In the end, I went to the new iMac, created a new empty vault, and went back to the old one. It appears in 1P6, and I have been able to transfer the content of the old ones to this new one. But empty of content to continue using an online account with an application that does not work. And I think again about continuing to pay a sync account, which can not really be used on all my devices, more than in a clipped way.
I have imported all three vaults into three new vaults in my new 1Password account. But now I can't find a way to erase the local vaults. Can be done in 1P6 Or does it have to be synchronized with the new app first, simply to be able to erase those old vaults?

Jose Luis

P.S. Mechanically translated message

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud, Dropbox, 1Password

Comments

• Joseluismen
    Joseluismen
    Community Member

Well, after getting dizzy looking for how to erase the vault, now I see that it was simple. Perhaps I was not in the correct vault (I had given it the same name), or perhaps I was not seeing it.
    I'm still unable to create vaults in 1P6, although now I see a sidebar in a blank window, and at the bottom of it all, a message "This browser is not supported". Update your browser...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Joseluismen!

A new local vault appears with its boxes to be filled with keys and others.

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

Is it possible to create vaults within the account or not?

Yes, this is certainly possible:

Create and share vaults on 1Password.com

This discussion has been closed.