how does 1password sync?

i have a membership i have an ipad iphone and a windows 10 pc. if i put a login into my iphone it should sync to my windows 10 password app correct it does for my ipad but my windows app does not. chrome extension is 1password x 1.18.1. my iphone and ipad are sync to icloud

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @surfguy56!

If your iPhone and iPad are syncing to iCloud, your 1Password for Windows app cannot see that data. Please make sure that all your devices (including your Apple ones) are syncing via 1Password.com. You do this by making sure that you are signed into your 1Password Membership on all your devices, and data will sync via 1Password.com automatically.

• surfguy56
    surfguy56
    Community Member

im already signed in to the same account for all devices

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@surfguy56:

Thank you for the confirmation. In this case, it sounds like you are probably still saving these items in your iCloud vault (its name is "Primary"). Please make sure that you save your items in your 1Password.com vaults instead (it will be called either Personal or Private), so it will appear on your 1Password for Windows app too.

1Password for Windows cannot access data stored on iCloud, so if you save items there on your iOS devices, it is normal that this data is not appearing in your Windows app.

To avoid this sort of confusion, we recommend removing the Primary vault from your devices after you have migrated to a 1Password account. Once you have made sure that everything has been moved over, please remove this old vault from your devices, so everything will sync through 1Password.com by default.

This discussion has been closed.