Login page won't open on a new iMac.

Options
aldavis99
aldavis99
Community Member

I'm running Catalina on a new iMac; just transferred all the data. 1 Password will open , but select login won't open. I do not have a membership; I store data on iCloud.
What do I need to do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Login page won't open on a new iMac.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aldavis99!

1 Password will open , but select login won't open

Can you please elaborate on this? What happens exactly when you try to open a login? What steps are you following? Any information you can provide us will allow us to give you specific suggestions based on the issue you are experiencing.

Also, what browser is this happening with?

• aldavis99
    aldavis99
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using 1 Password 7 v7.4.4 on a new iMac running Catalina, OS 10.15.4 and the Safari browser -- I also use the same setup on my MacBook Pro and it works fine.

I can open and launch 1 Password and all the data appears. However, when I click on a login to open it, I get a "Welcome to 1 Password 7 and Subscribe today" -- obviously I need some way to activate it on my new computer.

I do not have a 1 Password account; I store data on iCloud.

Thank you for your help.

• @aldavis99

I'm using 1 Password 7 v7.4.4 on a new iMac running Catalina, OS 10.15.4 and the Safari browser -- I also use the same setup on my MacBook Pro and it works fine.

This version does not support our licenses which you would need as you mentioned you do not have a membership.

https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

• aldavis99
    aldavis99
    Community Member
    Options

I don’t understand your explanation.

I’ve used 1 Password since 2014 and have never had a license; I chose the option of using iCloud to backup data rather that having an account.

I’m using 1 Password 7 v7.4.4 on my MacBook Pro running Catalina, OS 10.15.4 and the Safari browser and no license — it works perfectly.

I used 1 Password 7 v7.4.4 on my old iMac running Catalina, OS 10.15.4 and the Safari browser and no license — it worked perfectly.

I transferred 1 Password from my old iMac to my new iMac running Catalina, OS 10.15.4 and using the Safari browser — it doesn’t work perfectly. I can open and launch the program but I’m unable to open the log in page.

What is needed for 1 Password to run as the identical setup does on my MacBook Pro?

Thank you for your help.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@aldavis99

I see you sent us an email, and Garrett has replied to you. In order to prevent duplication of efforts please continue the discussion there. I am closing this topic to prevent such duplication.

ref: EZH-38818-297

This discussion has been closed.