Multiple Gmail accounts conundrum

Options

Hi I have four different Gmail accounts including both personal and work email addresses. How can I get 1Password to identify which username I have clicked on? It always chooses different password rather than current Gmail username I have clicked on. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ankitanks!

I also have multiple Gmail accounts, and 1Password here is remembering what username I chose during login, so it is filling the correct password for me. Can you please give us some more information about your system?

• 1Password Version
    • Extension Version
    • OS Version
    • Browser Type
    • Browser Version

Thank you!

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7 Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
    Extension Version 4.7.5.90
    OS Version 10.13.6 macOS High Sierra
    Browser Type Mozilla Firefox
    Browser Version 75.0

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ankitanks

Thanks for the additional information. I would recommend re-saving these Gmail login items using this procedure:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

When I save Gmail logins that way they always seem to link up correctly. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I will try it out. How important is unique name if I follow this method? I have two email for work, two private. Will name "Gmail" be ok or all four log ins need different names?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ankitanks:

I would first assign a unique login name as per the instructions to get this to work for you. Once you confirm that things are working fine for you, you can try naming all of them Gmail and seeing if things still work as expected for you.

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I followed instructions, resaved all logins with four different unique names. 1Password still doesn't recognise my user name that I have selected in Gmail. I have tried Google - Primary, Google - Secondary, Google - Primary1, Google - Secondary1 across two different vaults. 1Password still selects the last selected login out of four.

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

Can anyone help please?

• @ankitanks

I am not sure that I can help or provide anything useful to this discussion. For years now, I have used the locate my login method, usually by placing something memorable in the title. e.g., gmail-tom, or gmail-son1.

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

I have done what ben and ana suggested. Gmail is quite popular service so I am just baffled that it is not working even with unique login name.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @ankitanks ,
    I think we're misunderstanding you here.

We thought you wanted 1Password to remember which login you used when you autofilled the username field, so that when you reach the password field it would already be selected and you won't have to pick the relevant login again from the list.

However, reading your conversation here again, it sounds like you want 1Password to identify which email you are trying to log into in gmail automatically, and select that login from the four options you have instead of highlighting the last one you used. Is that correct?

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Yaron, basically first paragraph. Is there a way to send you guys a recorded screen? It may be easier but not sure how do it privately and not in an open forum. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ankitanks:

You can email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com if you want to continue the conversation in private :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• ankitanks
    ankitanks
    Community Member
    Options

[#PVR-36877-492]

• @ankitanks

Thanks for sending that over. Someone will assist you asap.

ref: PVR-36877-492

This discussion has been closed.