2FA on gmx.net and web.de

The 2FA is available today at gmx.net and web.de.
But the 2FA code is not inserted automatically.

Can you please take a look at what's different?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @blaxxz! I started with creating an account on gmx.net, but I'm wondering where you have the option to enable 2FA. I figured it'd be under My Account > Security Options, but I don't see it. I'm only seeing options to change my password, email address, phone number, and security questions.

For web.de, I click the "Register for free" button on this page, and instead of going to a page where I can create an account, I'm brought back to the main web.de page. I'm not sure what's going on there, but I'm unable to create a test account at all. Instead, perhaps you could paste the HTML for the 2FA field in your reply. To do that, you'll right click on the 2FA field when asked for it, then select Inspect. It should bring you straight to the code for the field you right clicked on. Thanks!

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

You can only see the 2FA option if a Phone number is deposited.

web.de: https://registrieren.web.de/?rupi=dec7b07b-c16d-406e-a145-e12520444c23#.pc_page.homepage.index.loginbox_1.registrierung

This here?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz – Thanks for sending over the screenshot for me! I don't believe we look for "twofa" when attempting to fill a 2FA code, so that seems to be where the issue lies. I haven't personally seen it coded that way before, so I'm glad you reached out about this.

Is the HTML the same between both of the sites you mentioned? I've got the issue filed for gmx.net, but I want to make sure it covers both. :)

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#567

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

GMX and web.de belong to 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH.
    They are pretty much the same as the construction and design.
    The code should therefore be the same.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@blaxxz – Awesome. I noticed the sites were pretty similar, but I figured I'd double check just in case. :+1:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Thank you ;)

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

My pleasure! :D

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

@kaitlyn – The 2FA code is not inserted automatically ;(
    Can you please take a look again at what's different?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ugafta! Thanks for letting us know. Is the TOTP not filling for you on gmx.net or a different URL? I'd like to make sure it's reported on my end.

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

I can confirm that 1PX doesnt fill the code automatically.
    I reported this June 2019. :(

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

The TOTP does not fill up on gmx.net and web.de. Thank you for the implementation in 1Password X and the iOS/Android app!

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

These are the shortened URLs
    GMX.net : https://interception.gmx.net/logininterceptionfrontend/...
    WEB.de : https://interception.web.de/logininterceptionfrontend/...

When you create an account and activate TOTP, you can analyze the complete URL address.
    @kaitlynhttps://is.gd/GMX_TOTP

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, @ugafta! I've got it reported to our developers. I just wanted to make sure you weren't having trouble on a website that hadn't been reported yet. I went ahead and let the developers know that you're affected by this issue. For now, you should be able to click and drag or copy and paste the TOTP to the proper field.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Thanks for the support, @kaitlyn! I hope that this will be included in the next update. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kaitlyn, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@kaitlyn @ag_ana may I have an update, please... how far have the developers made progress?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta:

We don't have any update to share yet, sorry.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@kaitlyn & @ag_ana I'm r e a l l y awaiting this feature :'(

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for checking back in, @ugafta! I let the devs know. I'm afraid I don't have any news just yet.

ref: dev/core/core#1049

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Are there any progress, yet? @kaitlyn

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@oliverdunk could you check that too? Yeah, thanks. ;)

• @ugafta

Please avoid @ mentioning multiple team members. Thanks for your consideration. As for an update: we have been unable to reproduce this issue, as we've been unable to create a test account on gmx.net. If you have a test account that we can use (i.e. no real data in it) please email it to us at support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread in your message. After you've emailed in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here. Thanks! :)

Ben

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@Ben

Sorry for the @ mentioning multiple team members. >_<

support ID: [#HSS-69925-989]

• Thank you! I'm looking into your email now. :)

Ben

ref: HSS-69925-989

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@Ben Is there any update for a working 2FA on gmx.net and web.de (using the shared credentials via email), yet?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta:

Not yet, sorry! Our developers are still looking into this.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

@Ben
    In 1Password X Beta 1.21.2 gmx.net is working flawlessly.
    Could you please have a look at web.de, too? Mail is sent, see:
    support ID: [#CKT-95187-326]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta:

Thanks! We will take a look at your message and someone will reply to it as soon as possible.

ref: CKT-95187-326

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

Got an Update to 1.21.0.
    gmx.net and web.de works fine.

Thank You.

This discussion has been closed.