How do I deal with different items being shared with different sets of people in my family?

dvo llc
dvo llc
Community Member

Hello.

Question about shared items…I want to have my two daughters and my wife to belong to my 1Password family where each have their own vaults. I want to share specific items I have in my vault with specific family members. For example, I want to share the login creds with site ABC with my wife and daughter 1 but not daughter 2. I want to share a secure note with daughters 1 and 2. I want to save another item with just my wife.

Do I need to create shared vaults for each combination of sharing (e.g. David/wife; David/daughter 1/daughter 2; David/daughter 1; David/daughter 2…) and share the items in the appropriate shared vault?

Due to the nature of 1Password content, I am hesitant to play and test. Can I do what I’m outlining? If so, can you share the steps (links or explanation)?

1Password Version: 7.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Catalina / Windows 10 / Android 9 / iOS 13
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hi @dvo llc

Separate shared vaults for each combination of sharing is what is currently recommended, yes. You can read about how to create and set up such vaults here:

Share passwords in 1Password Families

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.