VoiceOver can no longer reveal the secret key in 1Password account settings

MarcoZ
MarcoZ
Community Member

In all recent versions of 1Password for iOS, VoiceOver users have lost the ability to reveal the secret key in the 1Password account settings screen. The action to reveal the secret key is still there, but it does not work. I can swipe up and down to the action, and double-tap it, but the secret key does not appear. Without VoiceOver, a sighted person can reveal it without problems.
I needed to use it recently to log into a new 1Password on Windows and had no other way to transfer the account info. Found the bug then, after not having needed it for ages. So, I don‘t know when this broke.

1Password Version: 7.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• @MarcoZ,

If you double-tap it does it reveal a command menu that has a "Show in Large Type" menu item? Selecting that should present it in a way that Voice Over can read the entire secret key.

• MarcoZ
    MarcoZ
    Community Member

@rudy Hi! Yes, that works, but it is unexpected. Especially when used to the Reveal action, which effectively does not work. Many blind people might mistake this Show in large type as something graphical and not try it. I certainly assumed that and didn't try.

• Hi @MarcoZ ,

Thanks for reporting that. we'll look into fixing that to make it more intuitive.

Cheers,
    Kevin

ref: apple-4710

This discussion has been closed.