2 factor does not work in IOS, but does on Mac. Using Authy. It worked prior to today.

johnhollenbeck
johnhollenbeck
Community Member

When I open 1Password on iPhone it prompts for two-factor code. I go to Authy and copy the 1Password Code (yes, I confirm it's the right applications) and past it into the box. 1Password briefly flashes my library, then returns to the Two-Factor page and asks for the code. Sometimes it requires my master password to continue.

I just used Authy code to log into my Web account on the mac, and my Mac 1Password installation is working fine.

I restarted the iPhone and now my Master Password is not working on iPhone.

1Password Version: lastest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 13.3.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:2 factor does not work in IOS, but does on Mac. Using Authy. It worked prior to today.

Comments

• johnhollenbeck
    johnhollenbeck
    Community Member

Never mind. iOS still using old "master" password. I entered it and then three attempts with the Authy code seem to have unlocked it. I still don't get how on my work computer I have to use the master password from the Emergency Kit, while my personal computer and iOS still use my old self-generated password.

• Hi @johnhollenbeck

That may be a symptom of bigger problems... though we'd be happy to help get it all sorted either way. Could you please check each of your devices to see if they have a vault called "Primary" on them?

Thanks.

Ben

• johnhollenbeck
    johnhollenbeck
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Aha! All iOS devices have Primary "On My [iPhone or iPad]" and my personal computer has Primary "On Dropbox." Work computer does not have "Primary," and is not connected with Dropbox. I'm guessing I should get rid of those Primary vaults?

In "All Vaults" on iOS devices all "Primarys" are turned off, but are selected as "Vault for Saving". On my personal Mac "Personal" is set as Vault for Saving.

In addition, all computers have Personal vault which is turned on and syncing.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@johnollenbeck

Aha! All iOS devices have Primary "On My [iPhone or iPad]" and my personal computer has Primary "On Dropbox." Work computer does not have "Primary," and is not connected with Dropbox. I'm guessing I should get rid of those Primary vaults?

Yes, the Primary vaults are left-over from your pre membership days.

In "All Vaults" on iOS devices all "Primarys" are turned off, but are selected as "Vault for Saving".

Please make sure they do not contain any new data that you may wish to copy/move to your membership. It's possible you may have accidentally saved some data to the Primary before noticing this behavior.

On my personal Mac "Personal" is set as Vault for Saving.

Great! Any data entered on it would have been saved to your Account.

In addition, all computers have Personal vault which is turned on and syncing.

Sounds like they are good to go.

• johnhollenbeck
    johnhollenbeck
    Community Member

Got it. Thank you both for the excellent help.

• You're welcome. Reach out if you have other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.