2 step verification

Does 1PW (6.8.9) support 2 step verification for signing in to 1PW?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:2 step

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stujac! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, Two-Factor Authentication works in 1Password for Mac 6.8 and later :)

• stujac
    stujac
    Community Member

ag_ana: I can't figure out how to set it up. Can you give me some guidance? Thanks.

• Hi @stujac

There are two ways in which 2FA and 1Password interact:

1. 1Password can generate TOTP codes for websites that utilize the TOTP standard. You can read about that here: Use 1Password as an authenticator for sites with two-factor authentication
    2. If instead you are looking to enable TOTP for your 1Password account, which helps protect the device authorization process, you can find instructions here: Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

As an aside - I noted that the version information you provided is extremely out of date. OS X 10.11 was last updated 2 years ago and Apple officially ended support for it in September of 2018. I would not recommend connecting an OS X 10.11 system to the internet.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• stujac
    stujac
    Community Member

Ben: I got it set up. Thanks. I was looking for the setup in the desktop app and didn't realize i had to go to the website.
    I'm still using OS X 10.11 because I use Dragon Medical for dictation. They stopped supporting newer OSs so I've been stuck. Sounds like you think it's risky .

• Ben: I got it set up. Thanks. I was looking for the setup in the desktop app and didn't realize i had to go to the website.

Gotcha. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it worked out.

I'm still using OS X 10.11 because I use Dragon Medical for dictation. They stopped supporting newer OSs so I've been stuck. Sounds like you think it's risky .

I do, yes. Apple isn't updating 10.11 anymore, so any vulnerabilities that are discovered will be out there in the wild indefinitely.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.