Feature Requests: Allow custom sort for Suggestion categories, add "Suggest this?" option to items

1. Could an option be added to the 1Password extension that lets us choose how suggestions are ordered?

Use case: I use 1Password X to fill forms with my contact information quite often; credit cards are rarely added since I tend to purchase products from the same vendors with saved payment methods. I would really like an option to have 1Password X suggest my Identities (all 2 of them!) before 23 credit cards, most of which aren't used.

2. Could a "Suggest this?" option be added to items that lets us decide if we want it to be suggested?

Use case: On that note, the option of choosing which Identities and Credit Cards are suggested would make it even better. I have my family added as Identities, but would rather not have them suggested all the time. I guess I'll move some records into Vaults that aren't enabled in the extension for now, but I still think adding a "Suggest this?" setting for items in 1Password would be a nice addition.

As I'm writing this I realize records could be moved into a vault that's not visible through the extension, but I get stuck making duplicate vaults to "archive" these records. (e.g. Family, Family-Archive, Finance, Finance-Archive. Maybe adding an Archived? property to items would enable Vaults to show these items separately?

1Password Version: 7.4.767
Extension Version: 1.19.2
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 183632.778
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @awp!

Thank you for both suggestions! I have an idea about this:

As I'm writing this I realize records could be moved into a vault that's not visible through the extension, but I get stuck making duplicate vaults to "archive" these records. (e.g. Family, Family-Archive, Finance, Finance-Archive. Maybe adding an Archived? property to items would enable Vaults to show these items separately?

Have you considered using a single Archive vault, and adding tags to the actual items, so you separate them without having to create multiple vaults? Specifically, you could have a vault named Archive, and tags named family, finance etc, within the Archive vault.

This is what I use myself and it works for me, so perhaps this is something that could work for you too?

This discussion has been closed.