Unable to Enable/Check 1Password Safari Extension

Options
dfuentes
dfuentes
Community Member
edited May 2020 in Mac

1Password: Version 7.4.3 (70403002)
macOS: 10.15.4

We make use of 1Password at our organization consisting of around ~130 employees primarily on Apple devices (macOS, iOS, iPadOS).
Several of my users have reported that they are unable to check, or enable, the 1Password extension via Safari Preferences.

We've performed the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Reinstall 1Password;
2. Reboot
3. Upgrade from macOS 10.15.2 to 10.15.4
4. Reinstall 1Password again
5. Reboot
6. 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension Helper
7. 1Password > Help > Troubleshooting > Restart 1Password Extension Helper

I saw some online posts indicating the same issue and tried applying some of the resolutions presented which included:
1. Remove 1Password from Safari Preferences > Websites > Content Blockers
2. Add 1Password to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility

I wasn't facing this issue with the same macOS/1Password versions on my PC, however, after trying to replicate the issue and disabling the 1Password extension on Safari, I'm also not able to re-enable it.

What else can I try out?

1Password Version: 7.4.3 (70403002)
Extension Version: 7.4.3
OS Version: macOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @dfuentes

Are you able to enable other Safari extensions on the machines experiencing this issue? One to test might be DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials. We've been tracking a handful of reports of situations like this. One of the most recent cases was unable to enable any Safari extensions, which would be indicative of a problem with Safari, rather than 1Password. Please let me know how that turns out. If you are able to enable other extensions but not 1Password then please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

If that does not work when we would need a diagnostic report from you from one of the machines in question in order to troubleshoot further. Instructions for sending a report can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com (change from the default To: line).

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/113190/unable-to-enable-check-1password-safari-extension#latest
    • Your forum username: dfuentes

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.