Chrome Extension routinely stops working

I am trying to start using the Windows app of 1Password coupled with the Chrome extension (not 1Password X) and it's now routinely happened since starting to use it a few days ago that when I click the extension button of 1PW in the top extension bar, absolutely nothing happens. Every once in a while it will then pop up randomly a few minutes later though. Shortcuts to open 1PW Mini and the main app work fine but often fail to put passwords in when trying to Drag & Drop and I have to then right click them and manually copy first the username, paste it into the field, then copy the password and paste it.

Does anyone have any insight for me on how to best use this? 1Password X always suggested the right login to put into a field and I loved it, but I am trying to start using the Windows App and other Extension for a better Password Generator.

Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.4.763
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @buyanet,

Could you please try to update to the latest version we released yesterday (7.4.767) and check if the issue you described remains there?

You can check for an update in Settings > Update > Check for a new version.

Thanks in advance! :+1:

++
    Greg

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Thank you for the reply @Greg . I have updated to the newest version and the issue remains. It's not all the time, but again doing it right now. My laptop was shut with Chrome open. I opened my laptop, logged into Windows and Chrome was still in the forefront. I pressed CTRL+ALT+\ to bring up the 1Password popup and entered my Master Password. Once again though, on every single tab, the extension doesn't open when I click it in the top right. I get a quick loading sign on my cursor and that's it.

EDIT: I just restarted my whole laptop. Opened Chrome, then hit CTRL+ALT+\, put in my Master Password, and now the chrome extension works fine again when I press it in the top right corner. Not sure what makes it stop working all the time though.

• Hi @buyanet,

It's the sleep with the open browser running, the 1Password extension can't reconnect properly to 1Password when it wakes up. That should be improved after the last update is installed but you do have to restart the browser if the 1Password update was installed while the browser was still running.

Please let us know if it still happens after that update.

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

Hello @MikeT ,

I just closed and reopened my browser after waking my laptop. Pressed CTRL+ALT+\ and put in my Master Password. It's now doing the same thing again though, the extension will not do anything when pressed, just a quick loading circle as can be seen by my video of the screen recording linked below. You can see me clicking the extension first thing in the video and once again at the end.

Video of Screen Recording: https://icloud.com/iclouddrive/0zlACgjaFivuqNcb-sAlnh91A#1PasswordExtensionNotWorking

EDIT: My current 1Password version is 7.4.767 (but it has been happening since the version posted in my original post) and extension version is 4.7.5.90

• adriant
    adriant
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem. I have to manually open the 1Password app and enter my master password, then the Ctrl+\ login shortcut will work. When the computer goes to sleep or screensaver and I wake it back up the 1Password app closes and have to re-enter master password again. Entering Ctrl+\ or selecting the extension button does nothing to open 1Password, I have to manually run the app again for the extension to work. This was not happening prior to the update.

• Could a I get both of y'all to send us over a diagnostics report after reproducing this issue, @buyanet and @adriant? Instructions are here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com and drop a link to this thread in the body of the message just in case someone beats me to 'em. That way, they'll know what's up.

For bonus points, drop me a note here when you send 'em and that'll ensure I go and take a peek more quickly. This is something that should be better in the latest, but like many issues it's a bit of an onion with a few layers so might be there are a few more tweaks needed here to get rid of it fully. Your diagnostics should give us a better idea of the trouble. Thanks! :chuffed:

• adriant
    adriant
    Community Member

@bundtkate I just emailed it over. Seems my Windows Hello has not been working either after the update because if it sleeps or computer locks, it reverts back to Master Password. If I switch off Lock when computer is locked, then it works, but of course its not ideal as I usually have 1Password lock automatically and check for Windows Hello when using it again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@adriant:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: Someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

ref: DWV-88961-684

• buyanet
    buyanet
    Community Member

Email has been sent @bundtkate :)

• Thanks so much, @buyanet! We've already been in touch, of course, so you know I got it, but wanted to close the loop here all the same. I got your new diagnostics as well, but need to touch base with our development team about a few things I saw there so I might not be back with you until Monday, but hang tight and we'll get to the bottom of it as quick as we can. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.