Why can’t I login to certain sites on my iPad?

jazzman
jazzman
Community Member
edited May 2020 in iOS

It just seems that I am not able to login to some sites on my iPad. It’s not a problem on my iMac. Some sites on the iPad do not cooperate at all with 1Password. Can you give me any helpful hints? On one site, it asks for your username and password only to cover them up with xxxxxxxx when you enter them. What’s up with that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jazzman!

On one site, it asks for your username and password only to cover them up with xxxxxxxx when you enter them.

Can you please let us know the full URL of this website, so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thanks for your response. The URL is https://login.northwesternmutual.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jazzman:

Thank you for the confirmation! I have just tested that website on an iPad and 1Password was able to fill both username and password for me without issues. Can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to login there on your iPad?

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@ag_ana

It would be hard to do that as I’m seeing the same thing no matter how I try to enter the username and password. 1Pass just covers up my entries with xxxxxxxx or grays out the sign in box below it so I can’t enter the site.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I’ve tried every way imaginable to enter my username and password. No matter how I do it, the login box is grayed out. So, I can’t log in anyway.

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I just figured out something else. The site does allow me to manually enter the username and password. It just won’t allow 1Pass to do it automatically like it should. That kind of defeats the purpose of what I’m trying to do, don’t ya think? It’s just not allowing 1Pass to automatically complete the information and sign in like it should.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2020

@jazzman:

It would be interesting to know what steps you are following to make this happen, but here is a short video for you showing 1Password filling username and password on that website on my iPad:

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@ag_ana

I’m unfamiliar with that method. I open the 1Pass app on my iPad first. Then I open the NML site in favorites and hit the little key at the top to enter the username and password. That’s when I get the error.

• @jazzman

It appears you may have much better results by using the autofill function of iOS (for which 1Password is a data source). :) We have instructions on how to set it up here:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

Thanks!

Ben

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member

@Ben

Thanks much for explaining that.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are welcome @jazzman!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• jazzman
    jazzman
    Community Member
    edited May 2020

@ag_ana

Thanks a lot. Hope you have a great day as well.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.