Feature Request - Multiple (email) address slots in email account.

MichaelCorleone
MichaelCorleone
Community Member

Hi 1P,

As I am sure you know many email services now allow you to have multiple email (alias) addresses on one email account. I recently started using this feature with one email provider but have come across a little hurdle when using it day day to day.

I have to now store all the email addresses (aliases) in the notes section of an email account. Would be great if when you create a new email account on 1P if there was a specific add aliases box below the main account so that they can be easily copied and pasted for use. The current alternative is to have each email address alias in the notes section and copy and paste as needed but this is a bit clunky, especially when working on mobile. Hope that makes sense.

Peace!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MichaelCorleone!

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your request: can you not store the email alias directly in the username field of your Login item? If you use an alias to login to a website, adding it as the username will allow you to login with the alias.

On the other hand, if you are just looking for a way to track the aliases you created, instead of using them to login, then the notes field in the 1Password email item is certainly one way to do it, but a better one would probably be to create a custom section named "Aliases", and add each alias separately to that section, so it's easier to copy and paste the information when you need it. This documentation page will show you how to do this:

Customize your 1Password items

• MichaelCorleone
    MichaelCorleone
    Community Member

I did not know you could do that. Perfect solution. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @MichaelCorleone!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.